Monday, May 5, 2008

 

"The Effect of Globalisation on my life”


Globalisation means changes that occur globally which affects people’s life. It has greatly impacted my custom and cultural values. In this blog I will explain how globalisation has influenced my culture in terms of dress and language.

Firstly, regarding dress, traditionally most people in my area used to wear traditional clothes made from barks of trees and grass skirt. Not knowing anything about modern clothes. Due to globalisation, it introduced western clothes into the community where everyone is able to purchase and wear clothes that are made from factories. I wear western dress and am proud of globalisation because it brings changes to my life.

Secondly, Language is another aspect that has great impact on me. My parents and grandparents used to speak traditional language known as mother tongue, they never understood or spoke our national language (Tok Pisin) and English. Because of globalisation, the education system was introduced into my area which English is taught as an official language which I am able to learn and speak.

Therefore, globalisation influenced my cultural values, especially the language and way we dress. It (globalisation) enables me to speak English and introducing to me western clothes which I wear and feel part of the international community.


Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Subscribe to Posts [Atom]